Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wacom Intuos3 Digital Graphics Tablet

 


I just got a new toy about 2 weeks ago. For us graphics heads and those on the inside track of the graphics game, it is no secret that Wacom is the leading manufacturer of digitized graphics tablets. This is the first one that I've owned and I must say that I am more than pleasantly surprised. As far as accuracy goes ... It is the most accurate pointing device that I've ever used. Sensitivity, again very high on the utility/usefulness scale. It has a simple USB plug and play connection. It is even supported by USB 3.0. The included software drivers offer a variety of settings to adjust sensitivity, speed, pen clicks, pressure, eraser, and mapping. I found it to work very well with MS Paint, Adobe Photoshop, and G.I.M.P. <== The open source Photoshop alternative. One of the really neat things that I've done is create a hand written signature and I use it as the footer for most of my personal email. Now when I use the brush function in photoshop, the pen that I use feels more like a brush than the mouse does. It's little things like this that go a long way in graphics production and possibly creativity conveyance. There are many models to choose from including ones with large digitizer pads (big bucks) and some smaller. I found this one, model PTZ-431W which is 4 X 6, to be just right for my cluttered desk and strapped budget. If you are a serious graphics arts designer ... one of these tablets is a must have.

No comments:

Post a Comment