Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Samsung SSG-2100AB Passive 3D Glasses



 
 



These are the companion 3D glasses (sold separately) for the Samsung BD-C6900 Blu-Ray 3D DVD player published a couple of posts prior to this one. I got a chance to try a pair of these at a local mall. The first thing that I noticed right off the bat is the contemporary style and smooth lines of the glasses ... pure hotness. I have 2 pair, one for myself and a guest/company (even though I "rarely if ever" have company). They run around $50 retail. I got mine less than half price on eBay, where else ... lol. They are battery operated and are turned on by pressing a button located on the upper right edge of the frame. Though the lens appear to be heavily tented, imagery is crystal clear (not like sunglasses at all). In doing my research I found that there are 2 types of 3D glasses, active and passive. The active glasses cost much more, in some cases 10 times as much or more. These work just as I anticipated when viewing a compatible monitor/TV. Picture is very clear. They are light weight and comfortable. Battery life is long. I stuck my hand out in front of me to make sure what I was seeing was actually a TV screen and I wasn't looking out of a window. Below is a list of the compatible 3D televisions.




This was a small price to pay to once again up the ante of the future entertainment service and value of my audio video system. Now I gotta get a new TV. For now, I guess I'll just take them to the theater with me (grumbles) ... lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment