Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Amazingly Simple Audio Editor

EXP STUDIO




I have been using this software for quite some time to construct my spoken word audio files. I've downloaded music loops and instrument solos adding vocals to create an entire music composition. It is not so intuitive but once you become familiar, its use is not much more difficult than using a full featured word processor like MS Word. Most of it's functions are simple cut, copy and paste. I've included a sample of my work for you to listen to. I created the music and all with this simple program.







Above is the dashboard of the program. Included in the program are a host of sound effects like: echo, male/female voice alterations, tempo adjustments and much much more. You can layer audio tracks/clips indefinitely. This makes a 16 or 32 track recorder somewhat obsolete. I highly recommend this for those interested in making custom mixes and recordings. It doesn't have as much flexibility and recording studio likeness as FL Studio (formally Fruity Loops), but it no where near as complicated. I became proficient in it's use within a couple of hours. If you are not computer savvy it shouldn't take too much longer. As promised here is a spoken word piece I created with the program. I used an audio loop with sound effects downloaded from freesound.org. The female voice is a friend. It is called "If I Had Your Love." One drawback, once a file is created using many different pieces it cannot be separated. The individual pieces cannot be removed. A very small drawback in my opinion.

If I Had Your Love ~~> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9399584/If%20I%20Had%20Your%20Love.wav

No comments:

Post a Comment