Sunday, November 3, 2013

SiliconDust HD Home Run PRIME Network Digital TV Tuner HDHR3-CC

 

Home Run Is An Under Statement


As somewhat of an advocate for "FREE TV" I've never been very fond of cable. I never saw the purpose of getting cable boxes, satellite dishes ... And so forth (all having tuners) while there resides a tuner in your television set. Furthermore, being financially responsible for equipment that you do not own sucks raw eggs. You could wind up buying 3 or 4 tuners for the same A/V setup. I prefer monitors as opposed to full fledged television sets to circumvent this dilemma. Problem is ... Just a monitor alone doesn't capture broadcast or cable television programming. With the introduction of this product ... Problem solved. It has 3 built-in digital television tuners. This device connects via your ISP (Internet Service Provider) router and makes all stream-able content available to the 3 tuners. You can tune into 3 different channels on 3 different devices at the same time for example. Though you don't need one, it has been the perfect compliment to my home server which I control remotely via my wireless router. The included software works in conjunction with Windows Media Center also making it easy to setup custom viewing preferences. My router is wireless so a network wiring nightmare has been eliminated for me. Additionally my Samsung Blu-Ray DVD player with Wi-Fi sees this device. The device has true 1080p high definition. Streaming is smooth and stable. Yet another impressive addition to my home network and A/V entertainment system.




No comments:

Post a Comment