Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Motorola Droid RAZR XT912

Fantastic Phone !!!

 

 


With the advent of Apple dropping 3G I know that it won't be long before other manufacturers follow suit. I knew it was time to retire the old (original) Motorola Droid A855 slider for a new 4G phone. I chose to stick with Motorola because of a few things. One, Motorola has been in the communications business for about 85 years. Two, tons of rave reviews regarding this phone and it's performance. Three, It fits right in with my home server network. If I had only known what I was missing ... I would have upgraded long ago. Though this is not one of Motorola's newer models, it does just about everything the newer ones do.


First of all, the image is stunning. Big 1080P HD screen and it looks fabulous! The speakers are solid and clear. It is one of the thinnest mobile phones that I've ever used and lightweight yet solid (doesn't feel cheap). Battery life is fair and it supports a sufficient sized memory card. The digitizer is very smooth and accurate. Dual front and rear camera views can be swapped with the touch of an icon. Photo and video quality are awesome. I got a great deal on one with a busted screen that I plan to replace myself. I used to repair and upgrade phones as a value added reseller on eBay. Maybe I should have a section where I show the repairs I've done on items. What do you think? The first phone to impress me was the Blackberry 1080i. In its premier days it was one of only a few phones that had both Blue Tooth & Wi-Fi and sound that could fill a room. This is the second phone to impress me via it's convertible versatility, stunning resolution and smooth operation. Setup was a breeze as with all Motorola phones. Finally, as this phone has been around for a while there are quite a bit of accessories available. I chose a little "kick-stand" holster ... To watch movies on those boringggggg dates (yawn).


The interesting thing about this phone is that it has a docking accessory that literally turns it into an Android based laptop. Additionally, there is a HD dock available with a HDMI port to stream phone content to your big screen TV. Outside of fitting my server environment perfectly ... You may ask, What's in it for me? For around $250 retail new or as low as $100 used/street it's one of the best models to take full advantage of the Android OS and all of it's features ... newer phones with the exact same features can cost as much as $500 - $600 dollars. Perhaps I'm a bit too practical for most but ... Why have/pay for dozens of features I'll never use just because it is the newest model out? That being said, I'm more impressed with what it can do than if it is new.

No comments:

Post a Comment